Tuesday 16 May 2017

Voice Acting


Voice acting is something I very much discovered at university. Beforehand I knew what it was, but never felt like it was something I could do or knew how to get involved with. Well, of course at university level, we don't know many professionals so when we each needed a voice or dialogue for our animations we would simply use each other. As soon as I tried it I fell in love with it. I've always made strange noises and put on voices, but this was doing it professionally.

My work with voice acting began with me persuading my peers to let me voice a character in their animations. then the more characters I voiced and the wider the portfolio of different voice work I built up, the less I needed to ask people and the more people came to me.

One of my favourite characters to voice was Lord Keith for Brogan, Tess and Jay's animation, and their not in my year so it was really amazing to see that word of my willingness to voice act was beginning to spread. I wouldn't say I can voice act particularly well or for that matter act particularly well. But out of all parts of the animating process, voice acting is definitely my favourite and the more experience I gain from doing it, the more I'd like to pursue it alongside that of being an animator.

No comments:

Post a Comment