Thursday 18 May 2017

Cops and Daughters Grad Film

I didn't finish my Extended Practice animation in the module Extended Practice. But, I feel like some of the footage I produced for it is of the highest quality I've ever produced. Furthermore, the entire animation is of a quality that is consistently high. Obviously, I had to think about my time-management. I couldn't spend forever on minor details so obviously there are certain parts that I do not think of as perfect, however in general, the animation keeps to a nice consistency. In the past, I'd admittedly rarely ever finish an animation to my liking, usually for the reason of spending a lot of time over tiny details without thinking about my time management scaled up to the entire project. This meant that either a good quality animation would remain unfinished or I'd find myself rushing the animation close to deadline and even though I'd finish the animation, I would not be happy with the final product.

I'd very much like to finish my Cops and Daughters animation. In fact I'm definitely going to try to finish it by June 11th, of which our end of year show and exhibition week will commence. Furthermore, I want to finish it by this date so I can enter my animation into film festivals. I feel that if I complete the animation to a standard I have been working on it up till now, I think there is no way I wouldn't be able to enter it. Manchester Animation Festival is the main festival I have my eye on and the festival I feel is most appropriate for my animation that does deal with more mature themes. The deadline to enter an animation into this festival is around mid July so I'd really like to finish my animation within a comfortable margin of this date.


So how am I going to finish it in time?

Well, I have confidence that a month (or nearer three weeks) is a reasonable amount of time. One of the only other times I have committed myself to finishing my animation was for the Processes and Production module of which the deadline was January 2015. I finished all the line-work for that animation in time for the deadline but I had only coloured one scene. I really liked this animation and still do like this animation and at the time was advised that the entire animation would be a lot stronger if it was coloured entirely. Therefore I decided to commit myself to finishing the colouring of the animation, and I did... two years later. But this animation was a lot more complicated because filling was not as simple as just one click of a button that it is on Animate CC and the bulk of the time was not spent on colouring, but spent on shading of which apart from the background designs there will be none of in this animation, I have learnt my lesson.


In the recent time period of developing the animation I have definitely seen the rate of which the footage is being developed snowball and I've found that I've recently been able to produce footage faster and faster. I've animated Lucy at age 10, 13 and 17 now and I am confident in saying that I am now very confident with animating this character as I have become more confident with developing the different backgrounds in their different aesthetics. Furthermore, looking at my shots, the rest I have to animate although are high in number are all relatively straight forward. Lucy aged 10 is almost over and as she grows older and becomes more mature, she moves less, the challenging movements now are mostly walk cycles. Therefore I am hesitantly confident I can finish my animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment