Tuesday 16 May 2017

Learning the software Animate CC


To speed up my workflow for my Extended Practice I learnt the software Adobe Animate CC. I had been encouraged to teach myself this software by my peers who were all too aware of how slow my workflow is. Admittedly I had been hesitant to do this. The reason for this is because even though i too was aware that my workflow was inefficient, I liked the way I worked and i was comfortable with it, perhaps too comfortable. But it was when I was faced with the mammoth task of producing my Extended Practice animation that was set to be two and a half minutes long that I decided that if I were ever going to finish it and prove that I am easily adaptable, I needed to teach myself the software.


Through the use of the YouTube tutorial Draw with Jazza: Learning Animate CC and the book on learning Animate CC I was able to learn the software. It did take a little bit of time, but once i had learnt and was at a stage where I felt comfortable with e the software I felt like my workflow significantly sped up. Now I can use what I learnt with Adobe Animate CC and use the skills I have acquired with the software to sell myself to studios. A lot of animated shows that I really like use the software, for example The Amazing World of Gumball and Rick and Morty. It was also very satisfying to know that I had learnt a software that is industry standard that many acclaimed studios use. I'm at a point where I really want to learn anything that could have the potential to speed up my workflow and better sell myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment