Thursday 18 May 2017

Position Statement

I am a passionate 2D animator who works both traditionally and digitally. What is important to me is creating compelling narratives centred around realistic characters audiences can relate to. I take inspiration in my visual aesthetic from classic Walt Disney Animated films and Studio Ghibli films. Outside of animation I also have a diverse portfolio of work including caricatures, gag cartoons and poster designs. Although I would describe myself as a primarily 2D based animator, what is most important to me when choosing a project is the content and the cause. So I do not limit myself, I am new into the industry and eager to learn to improve my practice. I have very much enjoyed experimenting with new techniques and materials and will continue to do so in the future. Working on Extended Practice has taught me that I should always be willing to take risks in my work and I'd like to continue to do that in whatever paid work comes my way. Throughout my three years at university I have made sure to develop my skills in specifically what I want to do. However, with a project like Extended Practice I took it upon myself to undertake all areas of the filmmaking process including editing and sound design. My skills do vary in these areas but I proved to myself that if I need to in the future I can take on extra tasks in the animation production.

No comments:

Post a Comment